Fans of the NHL, get ready for one hell of a playoff! Today all the Eastern Conference playoff matchups have been set in stone and boy do they look good...
(1) Bruins
(8) Canadians
(2) Capitals
(7) Rangers
(3) Devils
(6) Hurricanes
(4) Flyers
(5) Penguins
Though, what may be most surprising is which series I think will be the best. Some will say the Bruins and Habs Original Six rivalry, others will point out the Battle of Philadelphia and a few might even say D.C. vs NY is the way to go. I'm here to tell you Jersey vs Carolina is the one you want to see.
Last time these two met in the playoffs the Canes pounded the Devils in just five games. This was also the year when Carolina went on to win the cup. I'm not saying their going to do it again but, a series win against New Jersey would certainly put them on the right track.
Some other stats include that in this season Carolina has won three out of the four contests versus New Jersey. In NJ's defense that one win came today in a 3-2 close contest.
Still, come playoff time if Brodeur plays like he can and the offense is scoring goals then the Devils will have no problem but, if the Canes pull a first round upset then don't say I didn't tell ya.

No comments:
Post a Comment